Patti Purls

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Aquarius could have been my new Easter Dress!

If I had paid attention to the groundhog, or simply learned from experience, I'd have realized this. There is no way I will want to wear one of the pretty summer dresses they're advertising for Easter Sunday on March 23. Had I put the pedal to the metal (or, in this case, bamboo) Aquarius could have been ready for an Easter debut. I think I'd look a tad silly wearing just a back and one and a half sleeves, which is exactly what I have done as I write this.

I am still saving the fronts for last as I am undecided about making a cardi out of her, or going with the pullover. I'll probably take a stab at the cardi and then maybe rip the whole front out and reknit it if I don't like how it comes out. Of course, there is always the Possibility of Doom, which is permanent UFO status if it gets to the point that "I Just Can't Face It." But, I'll deal with that later.

The thing is, I now have more UFOs than I did when I knitted out of necessity and frugality. Now knitting is entertainment and a process, not a means to an end. I wonder if other people have this same situation, where increased income had changed the role of knitting in their lives? Of course, the projects that I do finish are nicer because I use better materials than when I was, um, "thrifty." (That's code for "poor." Not broke, because broke can be fixed. Not that I'm rich, but I can better afford to use nicer materials than I used to). I'm not sure how many UFOs I do have since I don't keep track... despite what I report on Ravelry.

How many UFO's do you really have? Why are they unfinished? I think I'll do some navel contemplation about this over the next few weeks, and I'll tell you mine if you'll tell me yours.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home