Patti Purls

Thursday, February 22, 2007


Now what?

I am making the niftiest socks EVER using the softest stuff: Artyarns Ultramerino4 that I purchased on vacation in Kentucky last summer. I love how the handpainted yarn looks in this pattern. I love the simplicity of the pattern. It was a perfect travel project: compact, easy enough to work on when slightly distracted by the parade of humanity in the airports and yet interesting enough to want to keep at it. I HATE how the reinforcement looks on the heel. I think that in order to sustain my love and interest in these I really must rip it and use something other than wooly nylon as my reinforcement. This yarn is just too nice for that.

As much as I am enjoying knitting these I think I shall abandon them until I can get to a shop for something better for reinforcement. Maybe I'll start another pair in another sock yarn until then -- something that doesn't require reinforcement!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • How about purple wooly nylon? I might have some, I'll check.

    By Blogger Susan, at 4:52 PM  

  • I've got navy blue wooly nylon that I'd be happy to send. I got here from a comment you left at the Yarn Harlot's blog-I'm going to see her in Pittsburgh on Friday.

    Heather in WV

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:57 AM  

  • Wow, Heather, that's nice! Thanks! Still, I have decided to finish up these socks without reinforcement (gasp!) because they look so good without it.

    Pittsburgh is that Friday evening while Cleveland is Saturday afternoon. Right now I think Friday evening is a wishful thought (hmm, I have this job...) but Saturday afternoon is a better and, truth be told, feasible idea. Both are still two to three hours away.

    By Blogger Patti, at 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home