Patti Purls

Wednesday, August 23, 2006


On the needles:

Icarus, now sprouting feathers. Notice the slightly toasted hue of the outer plumage. That is the Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud. The texture is smoother than the domestic alpaca that I started with which is more like mohair while the Knit Picks product is silkier. I WILL be satisfied with the outcome.



Also on the needles:

Ubiquitous socks. Handy to have as a portable project and very handy as a finished product. These are from the very nice, basic sock instructions in Nancy Bush's Folk Socks book and made from Opal "Tutto," a satisfying blue and white. I believe that is the color name. The entire label, including the free sock pattern, is in German so I am not entirely sure.

Coming to a ball winder, soon:

Knit Picks Shadow in "Vineyard," just as soon as I can round up a human swift. Shadow is 100% Merino, very fine laceweight, destined to become the Adamas Shawl. It will be a lovely coverup for a rather strappy purple dress I wear sometimes at our ballroom dance club.


In limbo:

The mitts from the cover of the fall Knitty. Yes, there is a warning about needing to use every scrap of yarn in the ball of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran and yes, I knit loosely anyway, and I liberally added a row here and there... and inevitably ran out of yarn before the second one was off the needles.

The solution I am currently entertaining is to frog them completely and knit again on smaller needles. They don't need to stretch to slip on in their current state and it only took a couple of evenings to knit these cuties up. I look forward to wearing them in the fall, while cheering on my favorite high school band.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home