Patti Purls

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Bridemaid's Choice
This cotton/rayon cardigan is based on the lovely design called Bridemaid's Choice by Jill Wolcott in the Summer 2001 Interweave Knits magazine. It is not at all like the elegant mohair number she designed but it fits a niche in my wardrobe. The stone colored portion of the sweater is called Linnen by Neveda and while it felt like string as I worked with it, I like the way it feels to wear. I had used this yarn to make a lacy tee shirt that is see through a bit more revealing than I intended and with this sweater it makes a great twinset. This cardie got to go to hear Peter, Paul & Mary a couple of weeks ago at Chautauqua Institution and received many compliments from complete strangers.



Thorn and Thistle Twinset

The Summer 2006 Interweave Knits featured this twinset designed by Joan Forgione. I opted to skip the bolero and I knitted my way to a second prize ribbon at the Chautauqua County Fair using Berroco Softwist rayon/wool blend. I cast it on around the 4th of July and used the fair as incentive to get it done. I knitted it travelling across five states, too. Done is good!



See the thorns and thistles in the detail:




On The Needles: ICARUS!

Like so many others, I have been seduced into thinking I can fly with this buttery soft alpaca I am knitting into Miriam Felton's beautiful pattern from the Summer 2006 Interweave Knits. I'm thinking I should join the Icarusalong. The yarn is from All Strings Considered who usually shows at fiber festivals but I fell for it at our local Scandinavian Folk Festival. The alpaca lives in Michigan, I was told!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home