Patti Purls

Monday, August 21, 2006

Sorry, no pictures. However, the laceweight alpaca I was awaiting from Knit Picks arrived on Saturday so I could move on in my Icarus Shawl. The color works with my current color. It is as if someone took the rusty red and toasted it a little darker. I think it will make a nice final chart. It is actually much finer than the alpaca I've been using and so I decided to double it, which made it a bit bulkier than the first yarn and so I went up a size in needles, too. I am very happy with the way it is turning out and will share it with you, soon. Right now the rows are so long that it takes me about 30 minutes to knit across one.

Last Friday, my knitting friend and I met at the Vikings to knit by the lake. Later, our families came up to have dinner with us. I started the mitts on the cover of the new Knitty in cashmerino aran. I had them nearly done the next day, but only nearly as I ran out of yarn. I should have known better than to short myself. I knit very loosely and used up the whole thing. I'm trying to decide if I should just frog the entire project and knit again one needle size down or go buy more yarn. Thing is, I purchased that in East Aurora, someplace I don't go every day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home